Diva Challenge (Keeko)…


One of the big things I took from reading Magic Moments was that when you zentangle you should really get to know a tangle pattern and try to make it your own. So I’ve been having fun lately pushing a pattern beyond my original thought of it to see where I can take it.

This week the Diva Challenge was to use the pattern Keeko… I initially wanted to use it with a ‘string’ of a daisy and paired with the pattern Jilli, then I decided to play around a bit more with both Keeko and Jilli in a traditional zentangle tile. I found that with both patterns I liked them one way but not another. I also learned that by adding an additional stroke to Keeko it changed the way it looked. Then I got the idea to change the number of strokes multiple times with Keeko to see what it could become. And finally I had an idea of incorporating what I had learned from Flips and Ribbons throughout many of these tiles.

Up close and personal

The first tile I wanted to play with flipping petal leaves and adding a ribbon…


The second tile I decided to go a bit more traditional… testing out different ideas for both Keeko and Jilli


I had an idea to make Keeko with 3-strokes, 4-strokes, 5-strokes, and then 6-strokes…

Keeping with the idea that Keeko looks like weaved ribbon, I played around with making it look more like ribbon…

How was your week? Β Mine was clearly avoiding paperwork, because I kept finding myself *needing* to do some more tangling instead of working on “work”. Heh.

Until next time…


12 thoughts on “Diva Challenge (Keeko)…

  1. I’m very impressed by the way you took Keeko and ran with it—-so to speak. The Keeko inspired woven ribbon pattern you came up with works really well.

  2. I love how you’ve taken the time to get to know Keeko! This is a process I should start. I love your Keeko ribbons the Best!

    • Thanks, Deanne! πŸ˜€ I used to just dive in and then be a little upset when I ‘ruined’ a tile because I wasn’t very good at a pattern I had tried… after reading 3D Tangle: Zentangle Magic Moments, I realized that practicing the pattern in a drawing journal first really helped, and then making a few tiles with that pattern throughout the week gave me the opportunity to open up the pattern and make it look more like mine. πŸ˜€

Kind thoughts and comments are always welcome...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s