The thing about experimenting is that occasionally you do something that maybe wasn’t the best idea… but sometimes works out in the end.
I’d seen several videos on miniature painting where they used ‘ink’… ink from a specific miniature painting company in most cases, but one had a bottle that looked like something I would use with my dip pen. So naturally, I thought of all the cool colors of ink I used for Inktober… I selected a neon green and a dark blue to play with…
I applied the green ink to the zombie skin base coat and then proceeded to water it down and practically wipe most of it off because it was *really* green. Then I applied the blue ink on the pants base coat… it looked really cool when you moved it around in the light it looked a little bit purple. 🙂 I let them dry longer than I usually wait for the acrylics to dry.
But what I found was when I went to do the flesh wash (the red shadow wash), the blue pants ink wanted to come off… so I didn’t put flesh wash on the pants and let the whole mini dry for a few days. Still the blue wanted to come off with a little bit of water on my brush… so I bought a matt varnish and applied that using a dabbing method because it wanted to smear. Whew… that was the trick. I have run the mini under water and none of the ink (or paint) rinsed off. I was worried that when we go to play the game we would have blue ink come off on our fingers and that’s not fun. Anyway, now I know that the ink I have is *not* something I should use for this purpose… good to know, but a little disappointing. 😛
And now for the photos, continuing to play with my 180mm macro lens to get nice detail… (click to enlarge) Enjoy! 🙂
Until next time…